Tauranga 38 Delivery Day!
There’s nothing more exciting for us than delivering a new boat to her owner, but delivering this Tauranga 38 was something else! From Marion, MA to Fisher Island, NY, we delivered this beauty to her new owner! Fresh off the production line in New Zealand and rigged and prepared by LC8 Marine, this new Protector has unique features and technology that we’re really excited about. Read more below!
Underway with brand NEW Twin Mercury’s!
The trip down the coast gave us a great opportunity to try out the new twin Mercury racing 400’s. The verdict? Fast and responsive. Coupled with the new deep V hull design (see below) these engines provided the speed and power that the boat was designed for.
New Hydro V hull
Untouched handling and stability are the defining features of this boat, the new Hydro V hull extends the V the length of the hull, cuts through the waves and gives this boat the ‘handling feel’ of a much smaller boat. Here we are in Marion, MA backing away from the dock to begin our delivery!
Our First Zipwake system install!
This system automatically levels the boat while under way! The newest Zipwake technology provides an advanced, intuitive control system to deliver a more comfortable ride, better performance and improved fuel consumption –no matter the conditions.
Marion, MA to Fishers Island, NY!
Here you can see our route we took on our trip!
- Splashed boat in Marion, MA at 9:30am
- Left at 9:45 into Buzzards Bay
- Just 2:45 minutes later! Arrived in Shelter Island, NY to meet up with my colleague, Andrew, and drop off a Protector 30 at 12:30.
- Left Shelter Island and headed for Fishers Island. Picked up owner of Tauranga 38, and we headed for Spicers Marina in Groton, CT.
- Grabbed an Uber back to Andrew’s truck left at a nearby boat ramp where he launched the 30.
- Back at LC8 headquarters by 4:15PM.
Can’t do that with just any boat!